Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Headlines that ___ me off

Sometimes while perusing the online news front I come across a headline that makes some sort of impact on my minute, day, life, etc. Today I found one that really pissed me off. From CNN.com I was assaulted with the following headline: "National Guard: Gay Iraq veteran must leave service". Maybe since I'm not in the military I have no right to comment on how it is ran, but personally how is having a gay person in the army such a problem? Are they worried about that person hitting on the same sex? We already have tons of problems with hetero-couples and sexual harassment. I think it is time that this country stopped concerning itself with private matters (i.e., homosexuals, abortion, etc.) and start worrying about things like drug rings, sex rings, and murders. Who cares if Adam and Steve want to get married? They are people just like Adam and Eve. And if Adam and Eve can serve in the military then so can Adam and Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment