Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Soup warms the heart and body

“To feel safe and warm on a cold wet night, all you really need is soup.”-Laurie Colwin

I feel like I start all my posts by saying how much I love something.  Well, here is the truth.  I do.  Especially food.  Now, I love a good soup.  I love soup at restaurants, but well, not so much at home.  Normally they take forever, with lots of chopping and simmering and I just don't have time for that.  So when I find a good soup recipe that doesn't take too long, it's like I've found Heaven.  I am slowly building my soup recipe index.  And most of them so far are quick soups.  Because when you want soup, when do you ever want to slave over a stove for hours.  You don't.

Pinterest led me to this week's soup (we try and do soup once a week, but sometimes that doesn't work...I get tired of soup).  Well actually it lead me to the website where I found the soup.  But that's ok.  Pinterest can still get some of the credit.  The soup is from Tasty Kitchen and is Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup from


I wish I had remembered to take a picture.  Next time I make it I will.  But this recipe was super easy and great on a cold night.  We made it on Halloween (always good to have soup, stew, or chili on Halloween) and we had leftovers until the weekend.  Delicious!

1 comment: